Four in a Row....
The Deep Woods 2015 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot last night won the trophy for Best Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Associated Varieties at the 2017 Royal Melbourne Wine Awards (RMWA).
This achievement means that Deep Woods has won this trophy for four consecutive years, a feat unparalleled in this event.
For the past three years the trophy has been awarded to the Deep Woods Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon and this year to the Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot. This brings the tally of trophies for this wine to five with the prestigious Stodart Trophy for Best Young Red of Show, plus Best Red of Show, and Best Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon or Cabernets Blend at the 2017 Royal Queensland Wine Show; and the Best Dry Red Table Wine at the 2017 Perth Royal Wine Show. It has also been awarded five Gold Medals, including at the 2017 Royal Adelaide Wine Show and 2017 China Wine & Spirits Awards.
In addition, the Deep Woods 2015 Hillside Cabernet Sauvignon was equal Top Gold in the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon class at RMWA.
Julian Langworthy, Chief Winemaker at Deep Woods Estate, said: “It is testament to the hard work of the viticulture and winemaking teams to see such consistent results over a number of years. Deep Woods Estate continues to pursue excellence and results such as these demonstrate that we are on the right track.”
Other awards received to date by Deep Woods wines in the 2017 show circuit include:
- 2016 Reserve Chardonnay – Gold Medal, Royal Queensland Wine Show; Gold Medal, Perth Royal Wine Show; Gold Medal, Royal Adelaide Wine Show; Gold Medal, Wine Show of Western Australia
- 2017 Estate Sauvignon Blanc – Gold Medal, Royal Adelaide Wine Show; Gold Medal, Wine Show of Western Australia
- 2017 Harmony Rosé – Gold Medal, Perth Royal Wine Show
- 2015 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon – Gold Medal, Royal Queensland Wine Show; Gold Medal, Sydney Royal Wine Show; Gold Medal, Wine Show of Western Australia
- 2015 Hillside Cabernet Sauvignon – Gold Medal, Royal Queensland Wine Show; Gold Medal, Royal Melbourne Wine Awards.
- 2016 Reserve Block 7 Shiraz – Gold Medal, Wine Show of Western Australia.