Deep Woods Estate awarded Best Value Winery in the Halliday Wine Companion 2023
We are extremely honoured to announce that Deep Woods Estate has been awarded ‘Best Value Winery’ in the Halliday Wine Companion 2023.
The highly coveted Halliday awards were released today, listing the absolute best of the best in Australian wine and we are absolutely thrilled to have been listed as one of Australia’s best and most highly regarded wineries.
Every year James Halliday sets out to define Australia’s best wines, with the team tasting through thousands of wines from around the country. The ‘Best Value Winery’ is based around a quality to price ratio rather than the most ‘inexpensive’ wines.
Halliday’s Erin Larkin captured Deep Woods exceptional value accurately when she said: “Deep Woods has been nudging this award for a number of years now, and it is the consistently high quality of wine spread over a broad range of prices that eventually got them over the line. The team, led by previous Winemaker of the Year Julian Langworthy, has shown a thrilling (some may say flagrant) disregard for accepted price point quality; ie, their entry-level wines present compelling drinking propositions, and their Reserve range (among the cheapest of the best in Margaret River) frequently blitz the competition in the quality:value stakes. Of 16 wines submitted this year, Deep Woods topped the ranks in both strike rate and number of special value rosettes (14), including five wines under $20. Immune to hyperbole, this is an estate to watch (and buy, and drink). Hearty congratulations are due.”
The Halliday Companion is the holy grail of wine awards and reviews in Australia and ‘Best Value Winery’ is an outstanding achievement for Deep Woods Estate. Fogarty Wine Group promises to overdeliver on quality, no matter what the wine or the price point and this award highlights the group’s commitment to this promise.
In a sea of fierce competition, Deep Woods Estate is continuing a non-stop run of awards with an ever-growing count of sensational reviews, Gold Medals and Trophies. On winning this award, Group Winemaker Julian Langworthy said: “This is a huge honour. Value in wine means the delivery of a beautiful, regional, distinctive product and I think Deep Woods does that in spades at every price point. A lot of things have changed, we’re a much bigger brand than we once were and we have a lot more products in the range but at its core it’s still the same ethos and the same drive to make the greatest wines in Margaret River, if not the greatest wines in the world. It’s this wonderful site in Margaret River that we have and the quality of that shines through at every price point.”
A huge congratulations to Julian Langworthy, Andrew Bretherton, Emma Gillespie and the whole Deep Woods Estate team on a sensational result.
To celebrate this fantastic achievement we are excited to announce the release of the 2020 Single Vineyard G5 Cabernet Sauvignon. Awarded an incredible 97 Points in the Halliday Wine Companion 2023, Erin Larkin highly reviewed the wine: "Rose petals, raspberry leaf tea, red snakes, Szechuan and pink peppercorns and red apple skins. This is gorgeous. Utterly, utterly beautiful. The fruit is ripe and rippling, the tannins poised and totally in cahoots, working together to spiral across the palate and fly through the finish. Arm in arm, they spool out flavour as they go, all of it caught in the web of fine, saline acidity." Fruit was sourced from a tiny single vineyard in Gunyulgup, in the Yallingup Hills and this Cabernet Sauvignon was produced in extremely limited quantities. To secure your allocation of this new, limited release click here.
Deep Woods Estate Halliday Wine Companion 2023 Awards
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Reserve Shiraz – 96 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2019 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon – 97 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Reserve Chardonnay – 97 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Single Vineyard Chardonnay – 95 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Single Vineyard G5 Cabernet Sauvignon – 97 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Single Vineyard Cabernet Malbec – 96 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Estate Sauvignon Blanc – 95 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Estate Chardonnay – 90 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Estate Shiraz et al – 94 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Estate Rosé – 94 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot – 94 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Hillside Chardonnay – 92 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Hillside Cabernet Sauvignon – 94 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Hillside Semillon Sauvignon Blanc – 93 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Ivory Semillon Sauvignon Blanc – 93 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Harmony Rosé – 92 Points
Shop all Deep Woods Estate wines here.